Design to cost
Sector : Design & Construction
Training duration : 5 days
Training site : WAN - Département Formations techniques (Gosselies)
Contact : 071/34 81 80 – email@example.com
Fields: Design Office – Methods – Procedures – Quality
The courses offered in this field are intended mainly for personnel working in one of the following sectors:
- Design Office;
- Methods and Procedures department;
- Quality department
The training course projects cover the following points:
- Project management,
- Lean (Black, White and Green belt),
- Methods agent,
- Functional dimensioning,
- Knowledge Management,
- Organising a project through sub-contractors,
- Supply chain,
- Design to cost,
- Assembly of aeronautical structures,
- Understanding of aeronautical materials,
- Heat and surface treatment,
- Evolution of aeronautical standards,
- Machining and programming methods
By the end of the training course, the participants will:
– know the Design To Cost methodology,
– know the various Design To Cost tools and be able to apply them in a judicious and appropriate manner,
– have started to apply the concepts to their real project,
– be able to run and conclude a Design To Cost project within their professional environment,
– be able, for specific problems, to interact with the instructor who will work with them during the follow-up phase.
TARGET AUDIENCE AND/OR PREREQUISITIES
Engineers and technicians in design, marketing/sales, quotations, methods, quality, Design To Cost project leaders running a current or future real project.
- Determining a commercial design that provides logic and value for the client (idea).
- Proposition of a target cost for the whole product depending upon the level of requirements (project).
- Determining target costs according to function (basic design).
- Production specifications and setting target costs for parts (detailed design).
- Cost optimisation for the whole of the product life cycle (planning).